1.31.2015

MyGalaxy Winner of MPDC 27.12 Interview

Yours, Ours, His, Hers, MyGalaxy !!!

1- MyGalaxy, congrats on your 5-0 record few days ago at MPDC 27.12.  Your decklist 

"Wins" is actually 10-0, defeating other aggro lists as well as more control orientated 

decks. What does WW Tokens have to offer in the currrent metagame?

My list has a lot of flying creatures and is able to put 6 creatures on the table by turn 3.

Pegasus>Raise the alarm>triplicate spirits>Charge!:) Not so many decks have air protection in

the current meta.


2- What are WW Tokens best and worst matchups in the current metagame? Please 

describe your favorite 4 first turns plays, whether on the draw or on the play.

The best match up is everything without Scouring Sands and Merchant.  Mono black is able to

put defenders on the table, gain life with Pharika (2 damage+gain 2), make me discard with the

Prophet and after this gain life with the Merchant.

Favorite turns are above.


3- WW Tokens is an Aggro pump strategy mainstream, sounds and plays pretty straight 

forward. We know you as a skilled aggro player with more than 370 matches played in 

STD Pauper competition. What does this experience and knowledge of this archetype bring 

you event after event?

Wow, now I know how many matches I have played :D This is a hard question I just saw a

possibility to play this deck. Gwyned played tokens last season, so I just tweaked this a little and

it works.  My experience allows me to predict some turns my opponent may make, probably.


4- Playing a token list nowadays is a big bet, with so many hate cards around like Scouring 

Sands or Festergloom, how do you play around them and what are the key cards allowing 

you to do so?

My decks was often called “Looses to scouring sands”, when I lost a match to this card. I can

save creatures by sacrificing a Selfless Cathar or by casting Ajani’s Presence. Sometimes there is

no need to throw all creatures on the tableat once, So, I can recast tokens on the cleared table.

But most of the time I hope the opponent won’t draw the wrath card.


5- There's a shift in the STD Pauper metagame nowadays, as we can see new archetypes 

emerging and doing well, like those Mono U control decks. They look good versus Heroics, 

how were your matches against them overall (for both MU and Heroics)?

I didn’t find MonoU really strong. My deck is much faster. Heroics decks, otherwise, can cause

problems. I’d say a match vs Boros Heroic deck is favored for Boros if they have lifelink.


6- What interesting additions could Fate reforged bring to your list and do you think WW 

Tokens will still be viable when Fate is released?

This new guy with a spirit token is good. Flying 1/1 for W is so-so, but maybe can be good in

terms of creating a value for spirit tokens. Red looks very strong.


7- Did you register for the STD Pauper Sealed League hosted by Gwyned and what will be 

your take on the Boosters distribution?

No I didn’t. I also play standard, so MPDC is the only one event I can play outside of grinding

now.

Thank you for the Interview mate, and see you around fate Reforged with an even more efficient WW build !
Ad'

No comments:

Post a Comment